This is the Official community of Samsung Odin that effort for up to date Odin download links and Guides. Odin is the most commonly using flashing tool for Samsung smartphones and tabs which is leaked by the Samsung Inc. Odin is lightweight, yet powerful and widely used by the worldwide Android users. In order to flash your device's firmware, you need to put your device on to the Download mode (Odin mode ). Right now, Odin is only compatible with windows platform but you can use Heimdall if you need alternatives for Linux or MAC OS. XDA developers and Odin Android community trying to provide up to date direct download links and various kind of usages.
Samsung Odin FeaturesFlash Stock Firmware - With Odin, you can Flash stock firmware on your Samsung Device. So this is extremely useful to come with a fix in a condition like crash, boot loop or any issue related to software operations.
Flash Custom Firmware (Flashing Custom ROM) - Flashing a Custom firmware stands for replacing content aiming modifications in the firmware. Odin allows an effective processing.
Flash Recovery File (TWRP) - Like Stock and Custom firmware flashing Odin gives the chance for flash Stock or Custom Recovery. In that way, you will be able to add many sorts of functions to your Samsung Android device.
Flash Kernels ( .tar/.zip/.img) - Flashing Stock or Custom Kernels is possible. Notice, you must have Odin flashable custom kernel (.tar) and compatible with your Android device.
Flash Root Package (MD5 and .tar files) - Odin can Flash custom root packages on your device to letting root access.
Some Important Facts to Notice !
- Important: Backup all your information before proceeding.
- This tool only works with Windows Computers
- Install the latest USB drivers samsung on your PC
- It is recommended to use the latest tool available.
- Pick Correct ROM, Files, and tutorial. Some mistakes will result in permeant BRICK.
- Install the latest Samsung USB drivers (links provided in download section)
- Use Heimdall for Linux/MAC OS
- You need correct Android ROM files (PIT and TAR) /Custom ROM / Stock ROM (Check the device support, Download Stock ROM and extract it on the PC)
- USB data cable / Make sure to have at least 50-60% power strength
- ADB, Fastboot, and USB Drivers